Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

This year we headed over to Mission Solano to help with the food feast during Christmas Eve day and then over to the Emigh Christmas Eve celebration.  We managed to fit a gift exchange in with Grandma and Papa and a playdate with Patrick as well.  The time at Mission Solano was wonderful- it was great having our whole family there to serve and an experience I am hoping we can share in again, hopefully more often than just the holiday season.  The gift exchanging and Christmas Eve festivities went well too- the boys loved the visit from Santa and Walker enjoyed his first Christmas celebration.  Gabe and I wrapped up the night with some Christmas duties and off to bed everyone went, happy and healthy...well I woke up feeling not good and after trying to convince myself it was just exhaustion (a nap did not help!) I started to feel worse and worse as the day went on.  I didn't get a picture of the Santa gifts, the boys' expressions opening stockings, or a family selfie in our holiday jammies...nothing but me miserably laying on the couch trying not to ruin everyone's time.  We managed to hit up Candy Cane lane even though I hadn't ate anything all day and then I barely made it home before I was sick sick sick...by the next morning I felt much better and then learned that 21 people from our Christmas Eve celebration had fallen ill and three days post Christmas both my parents ended up sick as well...whatever went through the party was knarly and I am soooo happy I was the only one who got it!  Until next year, this will be what we have for Christmas memories and the only documentation of Walker's first Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment