Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Welcome Home

We arrived home to two very happy older brothers, homemade signs, and a brand new walker toy for our brave baby.  The boys took a little reassuring that Walker was a-okay and then they were off to their next light saber battle without missing too much of a beat.  Here are some pictures from our first few days home- you can see how quickly the incision is healing up and the swelling is going down.  We would like the swelling to be gone all together, it's really disconcerning to push on your baby's scalp and feel water underneath.  You could actually hear the water moving under his skin when we were still in the hospital.  They assure me that's normal and it's actually encouraged to wash his incision and really scrub the dried blood off...I am not sure how much scrubbing I am capable of doing, but he is getting bathed and I do pour water on his head...then I quickly need a glass of wine to calm me down.





No comments:

Post a Comment