Sunday, May 26, 2013

Enough love

Today I was chatting with a mommy of a sweet 13 week old baby girl and a 1st grader about the wonders and challenges of motherhood, when she asked me if I had experienced any feelings of confusion/anxiety over how I could possibly love another child like I love Little Guy. I immediately exclaimed "Yes!". I know that it's possible, mothers have multiple kids all the time, but it's still hard to fathom that I can do it. And if we're being honest, there are still days, 20 months into motherhood that I can't believe I am blessed enough to be a mommy or competent enough to have raised Little Guy thus far....and now to think the universe believes I am strong enough to love another baby as unconditionally as I have my first...it's unfathomable to me, but I know it's exactly what will happen when I meet our sweet baby. So for the next 42 days, I'll ponder how my heart can ever grow any bigger, but I feel at peace knowing it will happen-that's the magic of motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. we always knew you would be a great mommy and had everything needed to raise a smart, spirited, kind little man. you have proven yourself, sister! and second time around can only be better because you get to see Wesley be a terrific big brother. you ought to be proud! love you!

    ReplyDelete