Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Exhausted

Oh What a Day!  Today started at 1:45 am when Little Guy woke up...we decided to let him have  a little bit of time to fall back asleep, since that is usually what happens when he wakes in the middle of the night.  Well after 10 minutes he was quiet, but still standing, so we let him have some more time...this lead to an hour, then both mommy and daddy in and out of sleep, and pretty soon we weren't sure what to do...if we went in to rock him, would he think he just needed to stand awake in his crib for hours, or if he left him to fall asleep, could he possibly make it to his 6:00 am wake up time without ever going back to sleep...well, at 5:15, he was still awake- yes, he had been standing, awake, in his crib since 1:45...how that child managed I am not sure since he barely lasts five minutes standing during the day.  Anyways, he fell fast asleep in my bed and slept in until 7:50, which isn't really sleeping in when you've been up for half the morning.  He was a cranky bear (surprise, surprise!) and we had to rush to get ready for make up swim lessons...well I was starving and craving Starbucks, so I decided we would try our luck at the drive thru...I poorly managed our time and then we got hit in the parking lot...grossness!  We weren't hurt, THANK GOODNESS!, but we missed swim lessons and it was just one more thing to deal with for the day.  I was pretty sure Little Guy had poop running down his leg at the park, but my luck was apparently changing, and it turned out to be just be mud...I am so looking forward to the take-out and large soda my dear hubby picked up...if it weren't for baby #2, tonight would be one for a tall glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment