Friday, February 1, 2013

Getting Older

Today Little Guy and I hit up the park for a some vitamin D and fresh air.  There were two little girls there and they took an immediate liking to Little Guy.  It was cute at first...then it got depressing.  These cute little girls were full of sass and naughtiness.  They were quick to talk back and had no interest in listening to their babysitters or grandmas.  I watched them playing with my sweet guy and thought, "Oh Lord PLEASE don't tell me this is what I am in for as he gets bigger!!!"  While I sat there wishing for Little Guy to not get one day older, five year old Samantha started describing her grandma to her new friend...it went something like this:

Samantha- "See me grandma, she's the really old lady over there.  With short hair"
Friend- "Oh..."
Samantha- "Hers has gray hair and lots of wrinkles..."

So not only do they get sassier and talk back, they describe you in such a pleasant and self-esteem boosting manner...I can't wait for Little Guy to grow up, NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment