Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Just Two Minutes

Little Guy cracks me up every day.  His talking gets clearer (it's still a little tricky if you're not used to his speech) and more in depth every day.  I have been working with him on listening and try to give him a two minute warning whenever we need to go somewhere or move on to another activity.  Well, he's really taken to this theory and now tells me MULTIPLE times a day that he's just going to do "two minutes Mama"...as in, "Wesley it's time for milk and a nap", "I have juice for just two minutes Mama", or "Wesley let's do a puzzle", "I watch airplanes on TV for two minutes Mama", and "Wesley it's time to give me your cup and go night night", "I drink my cha milk for two minutes"...pretty much anything he can think of, he wants to do for just two minutes...it makes me laugh every time I hear him negotiate, and honestly, it's working quite well for us- he's usually pretty content to move on to whatever it is he needs to be doing after he's had his two minutes to do whatever it is he wants to do.  If the compromise is just a two minute detour and then we're off with little resistance, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment