Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bike Rides and Good Nights

We had our first bike ride of the season today and Mr. Wyatt Bear's first bike ride of his life!  He was very opposed to his helmet at first, but once Daddy started pedaling he was all smiles.  Little Guy was very excited to get back on the bike, he thought it was great fun that we were "racing".  We met up the Schroeders for an impromptu park play date, dinner, and then home for bed.  Bedtime went as usual until the end...Little Guy always requests that I hold his hand for two minutes.  I never mind this, it's a sweet quiet time that I cherish with him...well this time, after I let go and got ready to leave, he called me back to check on his band aid, and after I checked on his band aid, he pulled me down for a long hug...then a second hug, a round of I love you, I love you more, and Little Guy finishing it off with "the most, and when I stood up, a "Thank you mama, good night"...it was just the most precious, kind, gentle good night that I could have ever imagined...




No comments:

Post a Comment