Thursday, April 3, 2014

Highlighting Disaster

We're toying with potty training these days.  I can't quite get myself to 100% commit and Little Guy seems less than eager to try, so I figure why fight about it...well, he was rocking the sans diaper look this morning when I went upstairs to put down Mr. Wyatt Bear...and when I returned he triumphantly reported he had gone potty in the toilet, and he had!!!!  He quickly demanded the jelly bean he had been promised, and then I saw his face...and his tummy...and the bath tub...and the bathroom walls...and the playroom door...and the playroom walls...and the train table...and the laundry room door...and the wine fridge...and the hallway....and the family room wall...and the sliding glass doors...and the small chairs....and I realized he had found a teal highlighter in the office...he told me he was coloring...deep breath and a dash to the Magic Eraser tub (we keep those stocked in our house) and a quick chat about ONLY coloring on paper....Little Guy helped me clean with his own washcloth, and thankfully the Magic Eraser worked ( I seriously LOVE those things) on the walls and furniture...he was still a "teally" mess when we headed out to the park, but there's only so much you can scrub before your skin starts to revolt...It was an interesting morning here, and I wouldn't expect it any other way.












No comments:

Post a Comment