Friday, June 27, 2014

I just want to be naked

We tried out a new water park today.  It was a blast!  The park was awesome and even better was the splash pad.  Little Guy had a great time climbing the ladders and getting much higher than he ever has at the local parks.  We were all set to go when he decided he wanted to try out the splash pad- no problem, I even took his shirt off so it would be nice and dry when we got in the car.  Next thing I know, I turn around and he is trying to strip off all his clothes.  I quietly explained to him that we can't be naked at the park and that resulted in an EPIC meltdown!  He managed to get naked and then roll around on the ground crying so loudly and pleading with me to just let him be naked...his exact words, "I just want to be naked at the water park"...long story short, I had to potato sack carry him back to the car and my heart broke a little for the sweet kid- he's used to being able to swim naked and be free at home, he just couldn't figure out what the big deal was if he did it at the park.  Two days later Gigi came over and asked him if he had had a fun time at the park and he told her, "Gigi, I just want to be naked at the water park".  He clearly had not forgotten the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment