Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day Blues

Today was the day, and let me just say, Little Guy was all ready for it!  He looked darling all slicked up and ready to go.  We took front porch pictures and headed out to meet the teachers.  PEP takes pictures of your family as well (this confused Little Guy since he had already taken so many at home) and then we headed in to find his cubbie and get settled.  He proudly showed the teacher his family picture and pointed out who everyone was.  He loved that he had his Thomas shirt on in his cubbie picture, and then walked right over to the block area.  I helped him go potty, and then he was ready for us to go.  I explained we were leaving and he looked at me and said, "you go to the store, then you pick me up"...so we left...and I was a nervous wreck.  We did breakfast with Alyssa and Heather and then headed back to school to wait.  We peeked in the one-way window, so hoping to see him playing with a huge smile on his face, and instead saw a very sad little boy crying for his mom.  It broke my heart.  The director came out and told me he had been crying on and off all day, every time he thought about it, he cried and they redirected him.  When he saw us for pick up, he started bawling and running to us.  It made us (Mommy and Daddy) both tear up.  He really missed us, he refused snack and was just sad.  We talked about preschool throughout the day, and from what I can gather, I think he just realized he was alone for the first time somewhere where he knew no one.  I can't imagine that feels good and know it's scary to not know anyone, so I am hoping that every day he gets to know more people, the better he'll do.  He had requested at the beginning of the day to go to the tiny classroom so Mr. Wyatt Bear could stay with him...now my broken heart wishes that were the case!  We've got a day to catch our breaths and gear up for day 2, but in the meantime, here are some cute photos of our big preschooler!












No comments:

Post a Comment