Thursday, September 4, 2014

Second Time Around

Little Guy had a better day at preschool!  He still is tear free at drop off (and I thought for sure we would have tears today!), although today he did tell me he didn't want me to go, he was happily distracted when Miss Renee told him she'd take the race track down.  He asked me earlier if I could go to school and I told him I wasn't a teacher so he informed me he'd like me to be his teacher...sweet little guy, wouldn't that be fun!!!!  I was so proud of him for still being excited about school even after the rough first day.  Today he painted with his hands (not just his fingers) and played with a few more children than he did yesterday.  He showed me the self portrait he had created on day one and was so excited to see our family photo up when we arrived.  We made a happy rock (thanks Auntie Cari for the idea!) and he seemed very comforted by this little treasure in his pocket.  I think the real kicker was knowing he could call "Big Jack" after school and facetime not only him (and Auntie Cari and Madison) but also ZIPPY...it's the little things!  The teachers said there were still a few tears throughout the day, but everytime he cried he told them his mommy was running errands and would be back at the end of the day- thanks to the "I love School" book we read 15 times a day, he is VERY familiar with the whole school day process, including when the mommy comes to pick up the little boy!  Little Guy, you are growing up so fast and doing it in such fun joyous style, thank you for making this new chapter in our lives so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment