Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Indiana has arrived

It was the first time EVER that all of Indiana made it out to California for a visit and we decided to make the most of it.  We started the week with dinner and catching up at Great Grandma's house.  It felt like no time had passed since we saw everyone in June.  The boys LOVED playing with their older second cousins and I loved chitchatting with my fabulous aunt and soon to be cousin in law (fingers crossed!).  We followed that up the next day with an adventure to the city.  I haven't been to the city in wintertime for MANY years now so I was looking forward to the hustle and bustle of it all.  I certainly got that and more!  The day before Christmas Eve brings out the crowds, but we all loved being together and enjoying the December shorts weather- crazy!  Taylore and Joey spoiled the boys with treats and gifts and those Cars monster trucks have not been out of Little Guy's sight (not even to sleep) for a minute now.  They were also complimented on their son and how much he looked like them on the BART train...Taylore politely informed them she wasn't even blood related to him, but seeing the two of them holding my sweet boy painted a pretty precious picture of their future.  From the shopping to eating to glow in the dark rubber band helicopters, the day was everything I could have asked for in a trip to the city with my family.  There's something about this out of town family, I just feel at home with them and at ease...it was a wonderful feeling to have us all together and to see everyone enjoying what the holidays are really all about!







No comments:

Post a Comment