Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Happy Birthday Wesley

Somehow this baby I gave birth to yesterday just turned FOUR!!!!!  Like one finger away from a whole hand of five years old!  I think I've been in denial that he's getting that big, but there's just no denying it when I look at him and listen to him, and see his world growing bigger everyday.  Wesley Simon DeTar, my first born baby, the one to make us Mommy and Daddy and a family of three, I can't believe another year has flown by.  You bring me more joy than I ever could have imagined and keep me more on my toes than I ever knew was possible!  This last year you learned how to ride a bike without training wheels, swim without floaties, ventured to preschool all by yourself, started sleeping on the top bunk, tackled the snow sledding hill by yourself, and continued to be an awesome big brother, teaching Wyatt the ins and outs of the sandbox, the park and everything in between.  I spent the last minutes of your birthday watching you sleep and I was completely in awe of the privilege I have had to be your mommy these last four years and the blessing it is to know I get to watch you grow tomorrow and the next day.  Words can't capture how truly loved you are, but know this, we love you more than you can ever imagine and then some.  Happy fourth birthday to the most amazing big big brother we know!










No comments:

Post a Comment