Sunday, May 4, 2014

Air Show

We took the boys to the airshow today- it was all set to be an amazing trip, and it was the entire time we were there.  Little Guy sat and watched the planes cut the ribbon, do loopy loops, and zoom over head.  We walked through an airplane big enough to house a football field (how it flies is beyond me), saw plenty of Dusty crop hoppers, and had our eardrums blown away when the fighter jets circled overhead, not once, not twice, but three times ( I loved this, Little Guy was a hot mess and wanted out of the air show immediately!).  I told Gabe I was said we weren't staying for the Thunder birds, but the boys were beyond tired and I knew two more hours of waiting would make us all sorry...it turned out to be a good thing we left, there was a terrible accident with a plane trying to cut a ribbon and the pilot did not survive.  Our friends who were there said it was a devastating scene with smoke and flames and complete chaos.  I can't imagine seeing such a tragedy and I am not sure how Little Guy would have handled it.  It's another big reminder how precious each day is.






No comments:

Post a Comment