Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Slivers

Little Guy had been limping around on and off today...I chalked it up to his sometimes dramatic self wanting another band aid...I didn't think I needed to be any more concerned because every time we put on a new band aid, he walked away seemingly fine.  Finally, while he was limping around his bedroom looking for a bedtime story, I got the head lamp out and really looked at his foot.  He had a small sliver in the center of his foot, yep, that would make me limp too.  Daddy held him down while I got it with one pull with the tweezers.  It was painless, but of course leading up to the surgical moment we had full theatrics on our hands.  As soon as the sliver was out and he put weight on his foot, he turned and said "Thank you guys" with a huge smile on his face.  It was pretty precious to hear him thank us.  I love when Little Guy thinks to say thank you in response to a kind gesture or act, not just when he gets a gift or something handed to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment