Sunday, August 3, 2014

Imaginative Play

Little Guy is really into imaginative play lately.  I always try to secretly tape his playtime, but it never fails he stops as soon as I start recording.  He LOVES to have multiple characters that he does voices for and he's quite animated and expressive.  Today in the bathtub, he lined up his Disney characters and then did a little dialogue for each of them.  It went like this:

"I am Buzz, I fly.  I am Woody, I say 'yee haw'.  I am Nemo, I swim fast.  I am Sully, I say 'rooooaaaaarrrrr'.  I am Naughty Guy (the Incredibles dad) and I...."

He couldn't think of what he says, so he did a few karate chops then realized I was watching and sunk under water.  I don't know how kids learn embarrassment since I have never said a word during his imaginative play, but he's become aware of when people are listening to him in his own little world and he shys away.  I am just amazed on a daily basis at his growth and maturity, it blows my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment