Friday, August 15, 2014

Toe Issues

Last night I casually emailed my doctor about some toe issues I had been self treating at home for some time and had decided may need actual professional help, but I wasn't expecting to hear from her for a few days since I knew she was out of the office.  Well, wasn't I surprised when I got a call this afternoon from the on call doctor requesting I come in NOW...I asked if I should be more concerned and they said they were concerned enough to not want to wait on the whole weekend.  So I bid adieu to my parents (thank goodness they were here to sit with the boys), passed up a hot salmon dinner, and trekked to the hospital.  After a lengthy discussion, we decided on a surgical procedure (doc's words, not mine!).   I asked how bad the numbing was and he told me some people opt to never do it again....I told him I had given birth twice, once unmedicated... he said I should be just fine and chuckled a little when I started my labor breathing.  I was numbed up and ten minutes later he was digging deep in big toe...I am told to start the pain meds now before the numbing wears off...heaven help me, it may be a rough night!

No comments:

Post a Comment