Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bloody Bacon

Today I had my first follow up appointment since confirming my pregnancy last month.  I met with the midwife to go over standard paperwork as we get ready for the next 30+ weeks.  Apparently having a 9.9 pound baby puts you at risk for gestational diabetes the second time around, so I had the pleasure of doing the glucose test at 8 weeks AND I'll get to do it again at 28 weeks, LUCKY ME!  I am happy to report that ALL 5 vials of blood work came back perfect, my blood sugar coming in at 106 and everything else looked great!  I followed up this overly long doctor visit with dinner with my boys and I unfortunately found out that the bacon intolerance I suffered from with Wesley is back...it's a sad sad day and looks like I won't be enjoying pork in its finest form until July.

No comments:

Post a Comment