Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Days Like These

I just have to take a minute and say, "I love being a stay at home mommy".  It's days like these that I just want to freeze in time, to enjoy every minute of Little Guy and relish in the blessings of motherhood.  The weather is heating up and there's something about warm evening walks, lounging in the cool house, or splashing in the pool that makes me feel grounded and domestic.  Little Guy spent a lot of time sleeping today (I think it's a growth spurt), but in between naps, we fit in play group, swimming, and some pretty precious diaper-less playtime (no accidents to report, just a darling little bum crawling around!)
We rounded out our day with dinner outside- Little guy naked in his high chair, gnawing on an apple, while we enjoyed a fresh chicken salad...all was good around us and it reminded me once again how lucky we are and how special this family is.