Sunday, July 8, 2012

Coyotes and Cheerios

We spent some time with both families today, visiting Daddy's family this morning for a celebratory breakfast for the newly engaged Luke and Kim, then heading over to my parents for a little sleep over while Daddy was away for work.  My sister and I always joke (but we're serious) that our family could star in one of those odd ball reality shows...while most of the good footage would come from our dinner conversations (who wants to come to dinner now?!?), I am pretty sure there was enough material today to fill a half hour episode.  Highlight story- My dad is frantically calling my little 10 pound dog Winston to come in from the street.  He saw him jet out of the garage and is getting frustrated that he won't return...fast forward five minutes and he discovers that Winston is in fact, in the backyard, behind the closed fence, where he's been this whole time.  Now my dad is perplexed...if it wasn't Winston he saw jet out of the garage, who was it?  What's the logical conclusion?  Yep, you guessed it, a coyote...he alerts us to the fact he's just seen a coyote jetting out from our suburban home, at the end of the court, in broad daylight, resembling my chihuahua (later that day, we saw a suspicious looking house cat that MAYBE could have been the culprit of the coyote sighting...).
 What he does when he's not coyote chasing...hanging with Little Guy at Concert In The Park