Sunday, July 1, 2012

He's baaaccck...

Daddy's HOME!!!  We're so excited to have Daddy back home, safe and sound, after his little fishing get away.  I love the simplicity of male travel; gone for four days, and all he needed was a school size backpack, THAT'S IT!  And this was hard core travel:  sleeping outside (sans tent), smelling like nature (no shower or soap), fighting off badgers (REALLY?!?)...it sounds like they had quite the adventure in Idaho!

Not one to be outdone, we kept with the adventure here in sunny California!  A quick tidbit about myself, I HATE/LOATH/DESPISE(take your pick) birds!  Not any certain kind of bird, just anything with wings, that flies, that poops on my porch, and can potentially make a nest in my attic to lay her eggs and torture/taunt/mock me with the sounds of baby birds chirping ALL DAY LONG (that really happened!)...so, what did I discover last Thursday about 1.5 hours AFTER my husband's plane took off??  A dove perched on her nest, right there in plain sight for all to see!!  How did I miss this??  You can see her from the pool, picnic table, and inside the living room!!  AGHHHHHHHH...while it isn't a badger or a rattlesnake (yes they saw BOTH of those in Idaho), the dove just about did me in...We are SO happy Daddy is home!