Saturday, July 14, 2012

A special treat

We started our day out with an extra special treat- Daddy came to swim lessons!!  Our buddy Noah was sick, so it was nice to have Daddy to play with us in the pool.  Little Guy showed off all his skills, doing an exceptional job with his back floating while Daddy was watching! 
We followed swim class up with a swim date!  One of my earliest childhood friends, Shannon, came to visit with her two little ones.  Shannon and I have been friends since kindergarten when our dads bonded over being the only two dads video taping the first day of school!  Little Guy had a blast playing with Mikayla (22 months) and Tyson (7 months)...yes, Shannon is BUSY! 
We finally wound down our day with a little game of chase and riding our push cart.  Today was the first time Little Guy reciprocated and chased me- he was so excited "to get" me at the end, it was PRECIOUS!  It was also the first time he threw his leg over his toy and tried to ride it like a big boy...Mommy's not ready for this!  I took an extra precaution and decided to get some early use out of his new bike helmet...Just kidding, I just can't get enough of it (but Little Guy certainly can!) and I wanted to get another picture! 
I grabbed this shot of him on the porch, just stopping to smell the roses- babies can be great reminders of what is actually important in our lives...
 and if you don't want to smell the roses, well, you can always eat them!
 
 And in case you missed it, my sister is ENGAGED!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment