Saturday, July 21, 2012

Somewhere over the rainbow

I was so excited for Little Guy's birthday cake smash...I had spent two nights baking, baking, baking...finally finishing with six layers, adding up to my ROYGBV cake.  I decided to assemble it this evening (because I couldn't wait to see it!), and THANK GOODNESS I did!  Long story short, you can't make a six layer cake without some extra support (which I didn't have), so I ended up in the bakery section at 10:30 PM, buying a generic store bought cake...I still have faith the cake smash will be DARLING!

 A few other highlights from the day:
1.  Little Guy took a  marathon nap, clocking in at over three hours...look at this sleeping angel.
 
2.  Little Guy discovered a new toy...a magazine rack!  He logged over 50 in and outs, glancing around for praise after every single completion.
 
 3.  We shared dinner with my in-laws and one of my husband's cousin's family.  They had never met Little Guy, and Logan was pretty excited to play with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment