Sunday, January 27, 2013

Five Little Monkeys

Little Guy is quite the avid reader, something that makes my heart happy every time I see him curl up with a book!  He loves to get cozy in his bean bag chair and "recite" some of his favorite books.  One that we're really into right now is Five Little Monkeys.  It's the most precious thing to see him mutter his way through the book and then act out the bumping his head and wagging his finger when the monkeys fall or mama calls the doctor.  I love when I see him repeat things we've been working on, I am still in awe that I am the one who teaches him things on a daily basis...something I should be used to since that's what I did before I became a mother.  There's just something different, empowering and yet incredibly frightening, about teaching when it's your own child and you can see how the smallest things make such an incredible difference on every level every day....

No comments:

Post a Comment