Thursday, January 3, 2013

Weaning

I think it may be time...in an effort to fight massive exhaustion and serious discomfort, I have not nursed Little Guy since Tuesday night.  No nursing on Wednesday, no nursing on Thursday...I am sad that that period has passed, but I feel comfortable with the choice and I know if I would have tried weaning any earlier, I would not have been as okay with my decision.  I was always indifferent to breastfeeding before I became a mother, so it still makes me chuckle when I think about how much I ended up LOVING nursing.  After 16 and half months of nursing first thing in the morning, Little Guy now wakes up to his special "chocolate milk" and is content and giggly to be laying in my arms with his sippy cup.  I love watching him grow and explore everyday and I know this is just part of him becoming a "big boy".  So for the next 27 weeks, I'll enjoy life as a non-nursing mom, and then we'll be back at it with baby #2!
A shot from our Spring Family Photos- March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment