Monday, January 14, 2013

Rough Day

Well, our Sunday started out with a fun Black Bear breakfast with the Schroeders and a colorful first birthday party for our friends Evan and Ryan.  Little Guy didn't get a nap, so he was pretty much in full meltdown mode all afternoon, but we managed until bedtime and went down right at 6.  I decided to also go down, not feeling too well, but I was pretty sure it was just over-tiredness.  I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't over-tiredness and at 5AM the next morning, Daddy was bringing me into the ER for fluid re-hydration and an ultrasound of the baby.  It was the first time Little Guy woke up to someone other than his mommy (sniff, sniff), but he was just fine (sniff, sniff) and got to enjoy a fun day playing and hitting up his new gymnastics class.  As for me, I laid in the ER, took my 4.5 bags of fluid and anti-nausea meds, before being discharged home eight hours later.  The baby is just fine, and while I feel EXHAUSTED, the dehydration doesn't seem to have caused any real harm.  With a baby shower just five days away, I need to be up and moving FAST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment