Thursday, February 27, 2014

Big Boys

Tonight was a big night in our house and I didn't even see it coming!  We have had Mr. Wyatt Bear's crib set up for a few weeks now but he's been sleeping in our room since he was born...he has started HATING the pack-n-play and in turn hating sleep time, leaving us with a tired baby that was sleeping in our bed.  We loved the sleeping baby when we were sleeping, but I was on constant alert during nap time and bedtime, worried that he would fall out of the bed.  Well today I laid him down in his crib and he loved it.  It was the comfy mattress he was looking for and the space he wanted to roll around on until he was ready for sleep.  Three naps and a successful bedtime and he's in his own room- until he wakes up to nurse, then he's back to cuddling with his mama!  Not to be outdone, Little Guy decided he wanted to stay in his big boy bed for nighttime.  I set his bed up on Tuesday and we've been using it more as a stool to climb into the crib than anything else, but after bedtime stories he told me he wanted to stay in it, and he laid his head on his pillow and that was that...can it be that the day my first baby moves into a bed my youngest babe moves into a crib????  It's an awesome journey watching our little buddies grow up, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I cried a little when I said "Good Night".

No comments:

Post a Comment