Monday, February 27, 2012

NASCAR

Today my husband made his 2012 resolution: to become a NASCAR fan.  In true resolution fashion, he invested four plus hours watching the Daytona 500 and is JAZZED for his new hobby.  Somewhere between lap 9 and 190, he mentioned it would be cool if Little Guy was a racecar driver; I assured him it would most certainly NOT be cool for my baby to take up a sport that puts him hurling down a track at 200+ miles an hour, whizzing past dozens of other cars, avoiding accidents, fires, and flying debris.  No, he's not going to be racecar driver.  In an effort to distract Little Guy from his potential racecar driving future, I gave him a pot and a spoon.  Now what's better than a racecar driver?  That's right, a drummer.  Give me a few months and I'll probably add drummer to the list of occupations I hope my child does not pursue, but right now it's darling...and he connects on only about one out of every ten swats.