Monday, February 6, 2012

Only Little Once


Today we met baby Brayden- seeing a two-month-old baby (who is, ironically, the same weight at two months old as Little Guy was at BIRTH) lying next to Little Guy made me realize just "how fast it goes by". I used to snicker at the cliche saying, politely smiling when strangers asked me how old my newborn son was, advising me to "cherish every minute, it goes by so fast". Well, I was that stranger today, and as soon as the words tumbled out of my mouth, I was snickering at myself, at the fact I had become a part of the cliche. IT DOES GO BY WAY TOO FAST!!! I applaud all the milestones, the smiles, the coos, and I wonder aloud when Little Guy will crawl, walk, and talk. But I don't want it to happen today, tomorrow or anytime soon. Holding baby Brayden, all snuggled up on my chest, reminded me that they only get bigger...so I remind myself tonight, just like I do every time I find myself devoting time to frivolous things, that they are only little once, and I know I don't want to look back and wish I had done more to cherish every minute, as cliche as it sounds.