Sunday, September 8, 2013

#MirchWedding

Auntie Katie and Mark tied the knot this weekend!!!  We headed to Half Moon Bay Thursday morning so Daddy could get in a round of golf at the Ritz Carlton before the wedding madness began!  It was the nicest weekend on record all year, which meant beautiful weather but temperatures that didn't really agree with the sweaters and pants I had packed for all of us to wear.  I enjoyed a little spa pampering with the bride to be on Friday and a very successful rehearsal before meeting everyone for dinner on the beach.  Little Guy could not be kept from the ocean, and who could blame him with the temperatures in the mid 70s at sunset, so Papa took him in and slowly he went from pants rolled up, to no pants at all, to no sweater, to just a diaper, and then using our spare play clothes for the rest of night!  Little Guy also found a friend to play with and wouldn't you know it, she was SICK!  I was sure that Little Guy would get the cold (who says toddlers aren't good at sharing?) but I didn't think it would happen until Sunday...well, let's just say he didn't sleep a wink all night and woke up on the wedding day with swollen eyes, a snotty nose, a congested chest, and a miserable cry...it was heart breaking!  Daddy spent the wedding morning hanging with Little Guy, doing naps in the car and then in the hotel, but Little Guy rallied after his nap, looked amazingly darling in his suit, and rocked all night long...after all, his Auntie only gets married once.  Aside from my sweet boy being so sick, it was a perfect weekend, complete with the wedding of their dreams including food trucks, doughnuts, mini golf, and the most amazingly styled decor thanks to Miss Heather, friends and family in from near and far, and ample time to hang with my boys!  I can't wait to see pictures from the photographer!  I never took my camera out at the wedding (I had just a few other things to attend to!), but I grabbed a few shots of the rehearsal dinner!





1 comment:

  1. I have told anyone willing to listen (but not on the receiving end of an invite!) how awesome Wesley did. He did great for a healthy kid- but for a sickie??? He was a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete