Monday, September 23, 2013

Movie Date

Daddy left for Oregon today, and while we are going to miss him a lot, I am pretty jazzed at what Little Guy and I did...our first ever movie night!!!  We put Wyatt Bear to bed (he was sleeping right next to our bed, so he kind of got to participate too!) and then we snuggled up in Mama's bed with a giant bowl of popcorn, two sippy cups of water, and Toy Story 3 on TV...I am not sure who loved it more, but my heart literally melted over and over as he cheers me during previews, held my hand when it got a little loud, and constantly looked at me with sheer joy in his eyes whenever Woody came onto the screen.  It was the best way I could have imagined spending a Monday night with Daddy away.  I was just as impressed with Little Guy when the movie was over- I told him it was time to lay our head down and go to sleep and he "Night Night Mama" and that was that.  We snuggled in bed all night and both my boys slept right through until the morning...this single mama is ready to tackle her Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment