Friday, March 16, 2012

One Eyed Wes

Our day started out with a special breakfast trip WITH DADDY to Black Bear Diner.  Little Guy was happy as a clam on the drive over, until something happened and he started to howl.  Upon inspection, it appeared to be a sippy straw to the eye- no harm done, he was laughing before we got to the door.  Little Guy enjoyed "breakfast", that is until his mommy let him play with her straw and he stabbed himself IN THE SAME EYE.  No the straw didn't flick him, he stabbed himself.  This earned him the nickname "One Eyed Wes"- I wanted to document the moment in the restaurant, but ironically, there was a patron in the foyer with only one eye, so I thought it best to wait until we were outside.


After breakfast One Eyed Wes and I ran a few errands and then snuggled up for the rainy afternoon.  I just can't get enough of my One Eyed Wes- his giggle, his smile, and his CONSTANT chattering melt my heart.  Just to remind me that he is growing bigger EVERY day, he is now in his new ducky bathtub.  No more lounging in the baby bath, no, not for this guy.  He is sitting up, splashing around, and on occasion, sticking his face in the water, although he promptly remembers every time that he doesn't really like that.