Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sideburns and Chanel

We went into Walnut Creek for a little family fun time today.  I was getting ready to go when my sweet hubby asked me if I had considered cutting the sides of my hair so I wouldn't have sideburns anymore...I politely explained that theses "sideburns" were just another glorious side effect of pregnancy hair loss and regrowth.  Here's a glimpse at the "side burn"...little does my hubby know, but I also have said "side burn" like growth near my forehead as well ( I always say I want bangs; now I can have them).  


After our yummy lunch at the Silk Road, I we decided that we should check out the new Neiman Marcus.  My hubby has never met a pair of royal blue velvet penny loafers he doesn't think are totally ridiculous love, and the saleswoman ate up his charm while he perused the Prada flip flops and Gucci boots...after the shoes, we ventured to the purses..."What CHANNEL do you think these purses are on?"  asked my husband....I explained it's pronounced "Chanel", but his attention had already shifted to the twenty two hundred dollar giraffe picture frame...needless to say, we left with nothing but a good laugh and a few sideways glances.  We followed this up with eating chocolate cupcakes in the Nordstrom foyer; it was too cold to eat them outside.