Sunday, October 7, 2012

Classy Little Joint

You know how old memories can play nasty little tricks on you...sometimes they make your childhood seem like it was all rainbows and ponies and other times you only remember eating nothing but sugar free cereal (my husband swears this is the case, his mom says he wasn't quite so neglected!)?  Well, I remember my childhood filled with sunny days, laughing and running around Pixie Playland, filling up on pink popcorn and taking a spin on the speed boats- I remember it like it was yesterday and it was glorious.  We went back to Pixie Playland today and I have to say, I owed my husband some kind of explanation when we were riding the dilapidated merry-go-round with a tarp offering shades where the striped tent top once stood.  I had talked it up- a real family fun adventure, something Little Guy would love, which he did, but I hadn't planned on how run down the park would be and how sad it would make me to remember how nice it had once been.  But bless my dad's "the glass is half full" heart- he noted that the small crowd meant less(none) waiting for rides and we were able to park front and center.  And my husband found some inspiration for some matching airbrushed jerseys that he may or may not be lucky enough to get for Christmas (he better be on Santa's nice list!), while I survived a visit to my personal hell, the duck pond!  So it may have been a blow to my childhood memory, but it was a fun day to make new, if not slightly comical, memories.
Little Guy and Daddy riding the cars!

I was in personal hell and Little Guy was unfazed.  He was more excited to eat the bread himself then feed the ducks!


No comments:

Post a Comment