Thursday, June 13, 2013

Nine pounds and counting

I had my 37 week appointment today and oh boy, was it a doozie! I have been feeling really great about my smaller size this go around and my significantly lower weight gain, that was until I stepped on the scale today and was greeted with a number that put me four pounds away from outweighing my husband! Talk about a depressing way to start your day....if only that was the most depressing part of the appointment...my ob felt around my uterus and concluded the baby is head down, YAY!, and based on the distance from the head to the heart beat, she estimated the baby to be NINE pounds at this point and looking to be close to TEN!!!!!! come delivery....TEN, as in double digits, pounds that I am going to give birth to....she tried to reassure me that the weight gain was of ZERO concern because I just "grow big babies" and my vitals are all perfect, so no need to worry about the toddler sized baby I am set to give birth to or the stare worthy cankles I am sporting with all the water retention I have going on, yeah, no worries over here..... I tried to brighten up the day with a trip to Six Flags, but compression socks and too tight Converse in summer heat don't really do a lot to raise a pregnant woman's spirits. With only 24 more days to go, I think it's safe to say I am ready to
hold this big baby in my arms!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment