Tuesday, April 24, 2012

30 years in the making

Little Guy had an extra special guest at play group today...his daddy!!  Today was my THIRTIETH birthday and my amazing husband granted my one wish, to join us at play group.  My mommy friends had a spread of homemade cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, CHAMPAGNE, flowers and other goodies.  I was so excited for Daddy to see Little Guy play with his friends and see what 10 babies "playing" together looks like.  After a wonderful morning with our friends, I was pampered with a pedicure and girl time with my bestie Heather (who spoiled me with homemade sweets and a darling balloon wreath!) before I came home to a SURPRISE family dinner.  My family and in-laws all joined us for a celebratory birthday dinner.  My husband put it all together himself and never slipped up on the surprise.  I can't believe I am no longer twenty-something...but if my thirtieth birthday is any indication to the next decade, I am in for the best ten years yet.  Thanks to my dear friends and AMAZING husband and baby for making me feel pretty gosh darn special today!