Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Birthday

27 years ago I was blessed with the gift of a little sister. 
I have been fortunate enough to have someone by my side through the best times, the tough times, and all the times in between.  From neighborhood play dates to prom dates, from first day jitters to college graduations, from playing bride and groom to my own fairy-tale wedding, my sister has been standing next to me every step of the way, and I don't know what I would have done without her. 

She can finish my sentences, knows my thoughts, and does an amazing job "aunting" Little Guy.  She is a constant- someone I know I can depend on for ideas, resources, and advice, no matter what the topic.  Though she may forget her watch all the time on occasion, when she arrives she makes every day brighter and even the mundane seems novel when she's around.  Today we wish my little sister the happiest of birthdays; may your 27th year be as spunky, creative, and vibrant as you.  We love you Katie Bug!