Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Full Circle

I knew after our play date with Michael that the tone of today's post would be humorous...then after I snapped a photo of Little Guy playing with his new potty, the tone changed to excitement...and finally, while I was rocking him in my arms, his head on my shoulders and his feet dangling past my waist, a shift to complete peace and gratefulness (with a hint of sadness, this baby is growing up!)...With that, I have to recap my conversation with our first grade buddy Michael and then there will be a photo on the potty...

Michael is my mom's teaching partner's son.  He is going into first grade and has two older siblings, a brother heading to Chico and a sister heading into high school.  He is very well spoken and QUITE observant of everything around him.  His favorite show these days is Little Bill,  a cartoon based on a young Bill Cosby.  So while Michael and Little Guy were playing in the pool, Michael says this:

"Baby Wesley looks just like Little Bill...(pause)...except he's [pointing to Wesley] bigger...(pause)...and kinda white...(pause)...and Little Bill is bald."


Here's a little side by side of these look alikes:
And if that's not precious enough (you have to love how kids think!), here's Little Guy playing with his new potty:
Daddy tried to stage the picture with a magazine, but Little Guy wouldn't have it :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment