Saturday, July 6, 2013

ER Visit

Today we took Mr. Wyatt Bear to the Emergency Room...I didn't handle this well, I was crying while the tech took his vitals.  I just couldn't believe that at 4 days old my baby could maybe need medical attention, the thought alone was enough to send me into a complete panic...I am happy to report that Mr. Wyatt was just fine, nothing to be worried about, but I am so glad we went and put any concerns to rest.  I was a little offended when the check in clerk assumed this was my first baby or at least my first boy since I was such a basket case and bringing him in to the ER...no mam, he's not my first baby, but I'll be damned if he's my first baby to have anything hurt him that I could have prevented... Gigi and Auntie stayed with Little Guy and after a lengthy phone consult between the local ER doc and the pediatric doc on staff in the neighboring town, we were sent on our way with peace of mind, something you can't put a price on for new parents.  Now we just have to get his jaundice in check and we'll be smooth sailing from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment