Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tahoe

UWe took a quick family vacay to Tahoe for the night.  Gabe's grandma rents a lavish house each year and all family heads up for a week.  We haven't made it a whole week in a long time, between babies, pregnancy, and more babies, we always manage a quick trip, but not the whole seven days.  This year we weren't even sure we'd make one night, but a last minute change of schedule let us escape for a quick trip.  It was a blast watching Little Guy play with his second cousins and everyone enjoyed getting to really meet Wyatt and interact with Little Guy.  We had delicious food as always and Little Guy ventured into the lake for the first time.  Next year we'll be spending a whole day at the lake, it wasn't nearly as chilly as I had planned and with sand toys and rafts I think we'd have plenty to do.  Here's Little Guy and Baby Wyatt with their second cousins and GREAT grandma Dorothy.



Quick side story from the trip- I came home by myself with the two boys.  They fell right to sleep and my drive was GREAT...until I came to Colfax and had to use the bathroom...with sleeping babies in the car.  My sister's suggestion was to find a police station so an officer could watch my car while I found a bathroom, but that seemed WAY too time consuming and slightly unnecessary.  I pulled off at McDonald's and Little Guy woke up- he was none to happy and let me know it by rolling on the ground and playing limp noodle while we walked in the parking lot- this makes carrying an infant carseat even easier!  Long story short, the bathroom in McDonald's was under construction so we had to hoof it up the hill to the coffee shop, buy a drink, wait in line, and then once inside the single stall bathroom, Little Guy poured out my whole wallet, rubbed all the credit cards and such on the floor and then laid down while both him and Wyatt screamed bloody murder.  So help me we barely made it home alive and without catching some god only knows gross fungus from the bathroom floor....

No comments:

Post a Comment