Monday, July 8, 2013

Newborn Photos

          We took Mr. Wyatt Bear's newborn photos today...I can't believe we're already doing this!  Before heading out for photos, we needed to stop at the hospital to have his weight checked out...well I should have been weary of the appointment time since I was told it was before the office opened but not to worry someone would be there...we waited and waited and waited before they told us that the nurse we were supposed to see wasn't even coming in that day and they were waiting for someone to arrive to replace her.  Meanwhile, Little Guy had a COMPLETE meltdown in the doctor's office- it was unlike anything I have ever seen him do.   It started over the fact his screen time was done and he still wanted to watch the cats video- usually these bouts of unhappiness are short lived and he's easily redirected...well not this time.  I was literally pacing the halls with him while he just screamed.  He couldn't be consoled by my mom or milk or water or anything.  He was just hysterical...he's been doing so well with the adjustment to the new baby and I think today just set him over the edge.  So, after we were finally called into the doctor's office, they decided that since his weight was not drastically improving, maybe we should continue with daily weight checks....um, no!.  I explained that since my milk had just come in he hadn't really had a chance to eat enough to put weight on, so I wanted to give it a few days of him actively nursing before we started anything drastic (spoiler alert, I was right and he was just fine after my milk came in!).  The good news of the visit was Mr. Wyatt Bear's jaundice finally cleared after too may heal pricks for me to count and too much worry for me to handle!
          After our hospital debacle, we still managed to make it to the photo session on time and ready to smile!  We started with photos of just Little Guy, then the two together, then just the babe.  Auntie and Gigi and Peyton came to help out and Sarah had a GIANT bucket of trains that kept Little Guy pretty content while he waited (we may have even stuck a few trains in the basket to help keep him focused on his brother for some to die for photos!).  I can't wait to get Mr. Wyatt Bear's photos up on our wall. 










          Because no day would be complete without adding one more play date into an already full schedule, we headed over to Kristin's house after naps for a meet and greet with all the new babes.  We have been documenting our pregnancies together and after each baby we take a photo with the still preggo mommies and the new babies.  We were supposed to meet last Tuesday to take the final photo with three mommies and their babies in their arms and one mommy (me) with her baby still in her tummy...well since I was giving birth in the wee hours of the morning last Tuesday, we had to cancel it and take our final photo with both baby Jake and Mr. Wyatt Bear in their mommy's arms...it was so much fun to see all our babes together and to let the big brothers and sisters play together.  I am so excited to watch these kiddos grow up together, playing at all the family parties just like my sister and I did with all of our cousins.






No comments:

Post a Comment