Monday, July 29, 2013

Mama Bear

We had a fun park play date today with our pals Henry and Iris, which included an In-N-Out picnic and PLENTY of running around.  It was also the first time I have wanted to strangle a stranger's kid for hurting my child.  Phoebe and I were watching as the boys were playing together near two other little boys.  Out of nowhere, one little boy starts hitting Henry with a stick...hard...and aggressively.  Henry comes to report the incident and Phoebe tells him to tell the boys he doesn't like that please stop...we'll Henry does just that and is repeating with more urgency "Please stop, I don't like that", while the little boy continues to hit him.  So Henry walks away...and the little boy whips Little Guy across the face with the stick.  I couldn't get there fast enough and took all my restraint to politely inform the little boy we don't hit with sticks- and apparently an adult telling you not to hit with sticks is an invitation to hit my child again.  Between being stunned and hurt, Little Guy took a few seconds and then was screaming.  It was FINALLY at this point, that the little boys' mothers took note of their children.  The mother was mortified, and rightfully so, when she saw the huge red and white welt going across my son's face.  We wrapped up our park play date right about this time, it had been a blast up until the very end!

No comments:

Post a Comment