Saturday, September 8, 2012

A riddle

What do you get when you cross a Saturday afternoon, a husband on a mission, and a wife who hasn't truly shopped in over a year....
 You get WAY too many shopping bags
 followed by El Pollo Loco being eaten in the bathroom while Little Guy gets a pre-bed bath (I shouldn't admit to this, but we had to do a bath since he hadn't had one since Thursday, grossness!)
The hubby decided he needed new clothes- not a new shirt or some socks, a new wardrobe.  He does this every few years, gets on a certain fashion kick and commits to converting his style...the current kick is cowboy/western.  He wants to have fancy clothes for dinners, meetings, and going out (apparently wearing tennis shoes to industry functions gets you teased a little).   He told me, and I quote, his shopping experience in the western store was the most fun he's ever had shopping with me (I reminded him that he did propose marriage on a shopping trip, so maybe today should be his second favorite shopping trip ever).  Anyways, he's now got his fancy pants (literally) and square toed boots to start his wardrobe conversion and I've got my eggplant purple winter coat (super excited over here!) to start my fall wardrobe, win win for everyone.  And yes, even Little Guy made out today with not one, not two, but three pairs of shoes...My "one pair a season plan" only lasted through the first season.  And in case anyone else besides me was on pins and needles about the lost sandal, I have GREAT news- IT WAS FOUND!!!  I retraced my steps AGAIN, and there it was after three days, sitting on the curb under a tree in the Kohl's parking lot, talk about LUCKY!  And just to clarify, the El Pollo Loco was being eaten in the bathroom in an attempt to multi-task with our time so Little Guy could get to bed at a decent hour- we had a late night last night with the football game and before our shopping extravaganza, we had a boating adventure with the Santopadres!  
We took all four kiddos out on the boat, complete with a picnic lunch and some fishing.  Daddy was the only one to brave the cold water, but both of the twins got to drive and we all had a blast hanging out together (although I think the babies could have done without the life vests eating their faces.)  It was a fun final voyage, the boat is going on craigslist tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment